Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Will my motorbike battery be okay in the cold?

I was just wondering if my motorbike battery would be okay.





The bike is standing at the moment and hasn't been used for a week or so.





If this snow continues I'll probably not use the bike for longer, I was just wondering if when it does come to firing the bike up will it start.





It's a modern bike, a 2009 Suzuki GSF Bandit 650SA.





Thanks,





Simon|||Hi Simon if your bike was used everyday before this snow then it should be ok , im in the same situation as i cant ride my bike either due to the weather !





If my bike wasnt going to be used for quite sometime then i would consider putting the battery on charge . It may be a good idea to start the engine up and leave to run for awhile every couple of days too !





Hope this answer has helped





Regards Sue|||It'll probably be okay, but to be safe I'd disconnect it and bring it indoors. A hard frost has been know to kill off a battery, especially one which isn't in the first flush of youth. Better safe that sorry even if yours is in good nick.|||You should disconnect the battery from your bike. or you may do one more thing that start the engine for few minutes after couple of days. It will keep your battery charge and also keep your bike engine in working.

No comments:

Post a Comment