Saturday, December 24, 2011

Would you buy a new Suzuki knowing this?

My brother and I bought 2 new bikes for a summer vacation. His 1200 Bandit leaked gas and ruined the motor before it got 2000 miles. We asked Suzuki to replace the motor so we could go on vacation. They said it鈥檚 to expensive and would cost $3000. After 4 months and the vacation gone they got the motor rebuilt at a their cost of $3700. The dealer wanted to replace the motor but Suzuki squashed that. The gas stained cases and burnt exhaust pipes were not replaced. The bike got nicked and scratched all over from being apart for so long. The rep rode it and looked at it, then said it鈥?good as new. It ran like crap and looked worse. We called Japan for nothing, and even wrote the US CEO all for nothing. We spent $15,000 for the bikes to get Fd. We spent our vacation hassling with Suzuki, and not one person there gave a F! Beware Suzuki鈥檚 warranty is not worth the paper it鈥檚 printed on! Buy one of their lemons and get Fd like we did!|||AMEN brother! They only have to carry you a year on warranty and come up with all sort of b.s. excuses that you did it, not the manufacturer.|||Get a life and move on..u will feel a lot better for it..

Report Abuse


|||This is the second time I've seen this exact same rant posted on Yahoo Answers. I've already explained to you that the manufacturer DID NOT screw up your bike... YOUR LOCAL DEALER DID! If your local dealer's mechanic was reasonably competent, you wouldn't have any of the problems you are whining about.





Suzuki of America DID honor their warranty by authorizing your local dealer to rebuild or repair your motor. The fact is that the local dealer's mechanic messed up the job, NOT SUZUKI OF AMERICA.





If you wanted satisfaction, you could have taken the local dealer to court, but since you've already sold the bikes, you can't even do that now, so piss off and stop whining!|||WE REALLY GOT THE PICTURE...this is the 20th time you posted this?????|||I've owned mnay bike sover the years, the last one being a new Suzuki 400. My dealer was great, and promptly fixed a small oil leak that my bike came with. Overall, I htink your experience is not common, though obviously it was a bad one.





I prefer Hondas.|||Screw you, i will continue to race and ride Suzuki's due to their factory sponsorship and racing pedigree. You cant even begin to understand how wrong you are about service and support for one of the finest manufacturers out there.|||Neither mine nor my brother's Suzuki ever had any kind of problem.|||I agree with everyone else... Enough already.





I've worked with Suzuki in the past and found their warranties are as good as anyone else's, and in my situations they have covered things that were obviously due to bonehead owners and not manufacturing issues, which is after all, the only thing that any warranty from any manufacturer on any product covers.





Not once have I ever seen any manufacturer throw a new engine, or machine at any problem. They always fix the original machine using as many of the original parts as possible. Your issue with scratching is between you and whoever repaired it, not the factory. Your issue with the gas staining is between you and whoever allowed the gas to freely flow there and sit long enough to stain, not the factory.





If you honestly think that you were wronged then get a lawyer and take Suzuki to court. But going by just what you have written I'd be sure I had the attorney fees covered before I went to court.|||I'll have to agree with most of the rest of the responders to this question...I have a Suzuki, and I put 10 to 15k a year on it, and no problems. While it does have a different engine than yours, I've never had any problems dealing with Suzuki...sorry to hear of the bad experience.|||I still think you did something wrong as there were no problems for almost 2,000 miles. You ran it on prime position and filled crankcase with gas which trashed motor. I dont work for Suzuki but I have worked on them in the past (1981to 1989)and know this can be a problem when people forget to switch back to reserve or normal ON poition then leave bike sitting for couple of days/weeks (it doesnt happen overnight)


If your going to keep telling this story, at least tell the ENTIRE story, if its something YOU did they didnt have to do any warranty work at all. I dont think any other of the hundreds of thousands of GSX-R/GSX-F or GSF motors made in last 21 yrs have had the same problem or it would be much better known. Suzuki have used the same type of fuel tap since at least 1977 on the GS750


Basically, I like everyone else am tired of hearing the same half of a tale

No comments:

Post a Comment