Friday, December 16, 2011

I'm thinking about buying a Suzuki Bandit. Anyone have any personal experiences they'd like to share?

I've owned bikes before, but this will be both a first bike for my wife and a fun bike for me. The only bikes I've owned before were sportbikes and she's always been more interested in cruisers. Is this a good mix? also, I'm 6'1" 250lbs and she's 5'3" and more than 100lbs lighter. Will we both be able to ride this bike (on our own, not together) comfortably?|||I had one for about 3 years, made some 700+ per day rides on it and it was a pretty dependable bike for the first year. After getting about 4000 miles on it, the carbs had major problems that 3 different shops could not get fixed. Was told to go with a set of smooth bores ($1500), bought the ZRX1200 instead. From about 1996-2001/2 they had various carb issues.





On some of the new models, sukuzi added some additional features to the carbs to "fix" the problem. I wasn't impressed with the shops not being able to fix the problem so didn't want to test the water again with the new model.





I'm 5 9" 160lbs, both city riding was decent with an aftermarket seat. I had the original and a sport seat. The sport seat might be a good option for you wife, it lowered the seat height by about 2". I bought all of the hardware for the second seat so that I could swap seats depending on the ride that I was going on. This save me the hassle of unscrewing the mounting brackets on one seat to move them over to the other. I think the original seat would be fine for you.





Really look into the carbs on the new ones before buying it. BTW, mine was all stock so that's one reason why I was so mad at the bike after the third year. Milage started out ~45 mpg and was down to ~18mpg when I got rid of it.|||Hello,





one my friends has a bandit 1200s, the bike is pretty fast and tall might be quite a bit much for you wife. It is pretty much a naked katana. It is an air cooled vtwin so the powerband will come on at much lower rpm than most sport bikes. I am 5 10 about 230. The bike seemed very tall to me and loads of low end torque. First and second gear throttle wheelies no problem. You do sit more up right than say a gsxr but this is no plush ride it may not have plastic but it is a sport bike for the most part|||ah the bandit is a inline four its a great bike some of the early models were known to burn some oil a great alternative is the zrx1200r kawasaki a totaly cool bike








google the bandit i think it was the 2000-2001 years with the problems both bikes have a great bunch of websites and clubs

No comments:

Post a Comment