Friday, December 16, 2011

Should my next bike be a Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa?

Hello,





Basically just as the question asks, should my next bike be a Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa? I'm a 22 year old male and currently have a Suzuki GSF Bandit 650SA, a cracking bike with plenty of power. It's currently my 2nd bike, my first was a Suzuki DR125SM.





I'm not going to lie about the fact that I love power, as soon as I hit the country roads I open the taps and the Suzuki GSF Bandit 650SA has plenty of power for that, don't get me wrong it's not super fast but has a decent amount of power.





I was thinking however of getting a few years no claims (as I reckon even at 24/25/26 years old a Hayabusa would be expensive to insure) then heading straight to my Suzuki dealership and part exing my Suzuki GSF Bandit 650SA for a Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa.





Some people have said it's a seriously bad idea because the difference in power is huge and you would run the risk of seriously injuring yourself.





Thing is though, I consider myself a good, safe %26amp; more importantly mature rider. I've taken Advanced riding and never act like an Idiot on the road.





Any advice or tips would be welcome like.





Cheers,





Simon|||I agree with Sean, the Hayabusa is so much different from your Bandit 650. The Hayabusa is much heavier, it won't handle that well on country roads, mostly it's a superfast cruiser type bike. You could go with a 1000, but even a 600 supersport would be way faster then your 650. On the street there's really no point in going over 600cc on a supersport unless you want to go 180+ mph, most 600's will get near 160mph.|||Yes I agree with the other comments on here GSXR1000, ZX10r, R1 would be far better suited to the type of riding your talking about. The busa is heavy and has a long wheelbase/swing arm in comparison to the above bikes so not so easy to throw around...Happy biking|||There's one factor you're forgetting...Sure, the Hayabusa makes plenty of power, but it's extremely heavy and doesn't turn or stop for jack compared to liter bikes. A GSX-R1000 or Yamaha R1 would be a much better choice, as they are almost as quick (The newest 5V/cyl EFI R1s are only a couple tenths behind the 'busa in 1/4 mile), but handle so much better than the Hayabusa that it's not even fair. The Hayabusa is to sportbikes what Harley is to cruisers. It's famous for one thing, but the overall riding experience falls incredibly short of far less powerful bikes.





As for what others said about the extra power making it more dangerous, well that's true...and rubbish. It's only dangerous if you jump on and try to take off like a bat outta hell banging the rev limiter when you first get on the bike. If you ride like a sane human being, the extra power will be welcome because you won't have to work as hard to ride it.

No comments:

Post a Comment