Saturday, December 24, 2011

Suzuki Bandit Owners - Whats the Maintenance like? Easy, Cheap? Breakdowns?

I am looking at a Bandit 600 97 - 2000, as its in my budget! Have loads left over to stick some new parts on it after purchase too. (Chain, Sprockets, Tyres if necessary, or some nice fairing pieces).


But long term, this is my second bike, moving up from a SUPER reliable Honda 125cc bike. Does the Suzuki have issues in this case? I will do basic maintenance, but I'm no mechanic (but I guess I can learn).





I figure parts are a dime a dozen as they are very popular bikes, for Streetfighter-ifingy|||Very easy to work on and very reliable|||Mines ten years old and had it from new, its done 30,000 miles and has never let me down, they are ultra reliable but obviously they need to be serviced but there is nothing that the average owner cant do.


Buy a genuine Suzuki workshop manual of e-bay and you wont go wrong. I fitted a scott oiler from new and am still on the original chain and sprockets, the exhaust is the original too. I ride my bike all year long so it isn't a summer only bike. This is a good bike to step up to from a small 125.|||oil and filter change every 3500 miles check the shims and buckets every 7000 miles change plugs once a year or every 7000 miles.


ULTRA reliable bike


Loads to give you in return, Under tuned and easily modified to give you extra BHP at little investment


Paint is a joke, thin and brittle but it is a budget bike. wash and polish to keep your investment high.


Avoid bikes already covered in bling as this indicates all that can be done has been done but not all that should have been if you get my drift.


750 GSXF engine in the oil cooled version is a direct fit into the 600 and is easy way to get a little more poke for little money


400 VVT version is cheaper to insure BUT is more powerful than a standard 600 but a bit of a challenge for home servicing so if you are coming from a 125 either the 250 or 400 VVT 4 cyl model is cheaper to insure but rare. 600 restricted is OK but get over your restriction and get those carbs opened up.


cheaper still is the DIVERSION 600 from yamaha same sort of budget bike and lots about


Welcome to the big bikes.


1200 is awsome 1250 has more GRUNT but the 1200 is the MUTTS NUTTS!

No comments:

Post a Comment