Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Should i buy a 600cc Sports bike?

I've been riding motorbikes for just over a year now, I've had two bikes, a Kawasaki zr250 Balius and a Suzuki bandit gsf400. I've always loved Sports bikes and I feel i could now handle something with a bit more power e.g GSXR 600 or an R6.


Reading some comments on other questions, which i agree with, neither of these bikes are for rookie/ novice riders.


i suppose the question is whether or not a 600cc sports bike is a fairly sensible upgrade from my current 400cc bike or does anyone think that an alternative bike 500/600 cc maybe better before getting on a sports bike?|||If you what a sport bike, out of the two choices you gave, I would personally go with the GSX-R, and only for one reason. They have a selectable trottle response.





A - 100%


B - 80%


C - 60%





This is only good to a certain RPM so I am told, and it is great for novice riders. If I remember correctly, all of the models of GSX-R have this switch|||What about a bandit 600 or a katana 600?|||I went from a 400 Bandit to an FZR400RR-SP and although the 65hp Yamaha was loads quicker than the 50hp Bandit, it was never quite enough... The 600 is only as fast/quick/powerful as the amount of throttle you'll be giving it. Get it and enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment