Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Suzuki bandit 1200 will not run?

i have a 97 bandit 1200 that i bought. it ran like **** barley at all the guy i bought it off of cleaned the carbs out for me i rode it around for about a week but the engine was still a little sketchy. then i go to staop it up and the air box start smoking = fluded crank. what would cause this problem on this bike un adjusted float bowls? carbs need sync.? what should i check before spending 200-300 bucks for them to fix the problem|||I had the same bike, spent $500 on the carbs trying to get it to run right. Gave up when it was suggested that I put a set of smooth bores on ($1500). I'd jump on the bike and it would just die, no power, nothing. On long straight away, I'd slowly roll the power up and nothing but black smoke would come out. Was getting about 20 mpg and changing plugs about every 3k miles. I know how you feel.





The original carbs were fitted with a brass needle housing that wore out.





http://www.factorypro.com/Prod_Pages/pro鈥?/a>


Get Titanium needles and new needle housing. $150





If I can find the photos of the housings and what the look like, I'll post it on here.|||Check the valve lash.

No comments:

Post a Comment