Saturday, December 24, 2011

2007 to 2009 Suzuki Bandit 1250S - Cruising on Highway, what RPM Does the engine hold?

I have owned a new Suzuki S40 650cc Big Single Cylinder. Great around town bike for smaller riders. My Problem is I am not a Smaller Rider





***6 Foot tall 290lbs.***





And I enjoy cruising on highways and even Interstates. My S40 is now sitting in the shop waiting for a new Head Gasket that I obliterated trying to keep up with my uncle on the Interstate! Less the 4000 miles!





Here's what I want to know! At what RPM does the new Water Cooled Bandit's hold at 55 65 or 75MPH? Any info would be appriciated. I am already in talks with my dealership for a leftover 08 Bandit 1250S ABS. And I was just curious what the RPM's Would hold for long distance touring?





Thanks.|||I have purchased the same bike that you are looking at. Jump on it because the ones with ABS are rare (In Southern California). In sixth gear your RPMs will be around 3500. Very smooth. I can be in 3rd gear and stay under 5000 all day long. Check out MaximumSuzuki.net(?) or motorcycle-journal.com, bandit section.


You wont believe the gearing ratio on this bike. Great machine.


Good Luck


Chris.|||What gear are you in?|||I have a '98 bandit 1200. It's a 5 gear. At 80mph, in 5th gear,it's about 5000 rpm. Rpm s will be lower if the newer ones have 6 gears.

No comments:

Post a Comment