Saturday, December 24, 2011

My K8 Bandit 1250SA "pops" a lot since I fitted an aftermarket end can?

I bought my Bandit new in 2008 and liked everything about it except for the dustbin on the back Suzuki calls an end can. I purchased a twin outlet aftermarket end can from Bandit Mania which looks and sounds very nice. The problem is that as I roll off the throttle when slowing down for junctions and lights I get a lot of popping from the new can. Is this a problem that needs to be sorted or can I just ignore it. I don't want to cause any long term damage to my bike.|||You changed the amount of back pressure ,by going to free flowing exhaust-now you must re jet it to make it not pop anymore.Yup you should get that fixed as this can lead to burned out valves.That's the problem with changing cans,it is not as simple as the exhaust makers tell you it is,funny how they never mentioned a backfire when you bought it....The best sound does not always go hand in hand with the best performance.|||That dustbin you threw out was jetted for the bike. The new one isn't.





Pilot jet too lean. Probably worth the $50 to do a Dyno run to figure out where you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment