Tuesday, December 20, 2011

What revs should I run my Suzuki Bandit at when riding?

I've been riding for three years now and I will admit to being a cautious rider. However, even though I don't tear away from lights I do find that other bikes get away quicker than me, even other Bandits. If I were to try to keep up with them I have to have my Bandit running at around 6500 revs or higher, which when I do it sounds like I'm revving the bits off it.





So my question is what is the best revs to be running a Bandit at when riding is 6500 - 7000 revs ok or will I knacker the bike?





Its a 600 by the way.





Cheers|||Hardly surprising you are not keeping up - this engine is just starting to produce its maximum power at around 6000 revs.and will red line happily to 12000.





It's not like a car engine- these are designed to rev like a formula one car and at around 7000 revs the exhaust system is starting to scavenge the engine properly and you will find that if you give it a handful it will almost pick the front wheel up in second gear.





Normally 6 -7K revs is where you should be for normal cruising, you are more likely to bung it up by riding too slowly so at least give it an oil change with some decent oil or really treat it to a proper dealer service where all the carbs. will be matched and balanced.





I wonder if Desert Camel is referring to a non-European bike, I have a 600 SK3 and I don't think there is a limiter on it as on more than one occasion its been right through the 14K mark which is well into the red.|||all right there brummy....3 years of keeping the bike onder 6000 rpms will have choked it up a little,be prepaired for some crap being shot out the pipes...in second rev it till you hit the limiter,do the same in third....


Max Power


77 hp 56.1 kW @ 10500 rpm


Max Torque


54 Nm @ 9500 rpm


it wont knacker the bike unless you do it constantly...but it will free up the flow from the pipes if you do it once in a while.|||boy you are cautious


Have you looked at the red line on that bike?


7500 is no where near it and you're nowhere near the power band on that bike. .


4,500 in top is going to be the legal limit and yes it does sound a bit buzzy but there is loads more on tap.


My young skywalker use the force.





My advice to you is to get yourself onto an advanced motorcyclist course and learn a bit more about how to get the most from your bike.


It amazes me that people swap the bandit for an R6 or GSXR600 as they feel they need more speed or power!!!!


When the bike is capable of over 130 mph and can handle, though not like the rails the GSXR or the R6 or the CBR600RR can


but still a performer..


Above all enjoy|||Redline it in every gear until you reach your desired speed once in a while to clear the engine out. You shouldn't change up until you're at around 11-12,000 making progress and dependant on road conditions. Now that the nice weather is here for a few days give it loads ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment