Saturday, December 24, 2011

I've seriously been debating this for two years- Suzuki Bandit 1250S or V-strom 1000?

I've almost bought a new bike for two years. Finally I'm sick of not buying because I keep flip-flopping, and thinking about it, so which should I go with, the bandit 1250s or the Vstrom?





price is identical. Bandit has more power, vstroms a dual sport. Bandits been rated a best buy, and is a very well designed bike, but whens the last time you saw a used vstrom for sale? The owners love them. My dealer will go lower on the bandit, so I'm guessing dealer cost is lower. Both have their pluses and minuses. Mainly I'll just drive short routes through town, occasionally go for several hour trips. I'm a conservative rider now that I'm getting older, but some of my buddies have some pretty quick rides, and run them at the tracks. I don't anymore. I know I'm not riding a lot anymore either, so I'll probably hold onto the bike for a number of years.





I'm 6'9", 330 lbs (semipro football lineman), it will be my fifth bike.





Any input is appreciated!|||I personally like the bandit by just a tad over the vstrom. However for your size I'd say go with the vstrom. I think you'd be much more comfortable on it.|||Two years is long enough, actually, how could you wait so long?





I say buy the V-Strom, it is roomier, more versatile and one hell of a lot more fun than a bandit, which you will tire of as it is an outdated standard.





I have a BMW R1100GS, it is a little on the heavy side, but I love it all the same. Comfort on longer rides and a blast on the short ones.|||I have no experience with either bike.


A respected mechanic told me that the 650 V Strom is a much better bike than the 1000 is. Friends who ride large power cruisers also own the Bandit as a twistie bike and they have a high opinion of it.|||For high speed touring on good roads the Bandit is the choice.





For anything else, the VStrom is the choice, including commuting due to the high riding position and Vtwin.|||V-Strom should be far more comfortable for someone your size.|||Go with the Vstrom..More low and mid range torque|||V Strom 1000 is a GREAT bike, perfect bike for a tall rider, its more comfortable for the long riding trips.


Many people will tell you that the V Strom 650 and 1000 are equal in power, NOT TRUE, The 1000 is a big difference and a much better bike than the 650.


The V Strom 1000 is a touring bike up there with the Honda ST1300, and Gold Wing.


The only bad things about the V Strom is the loud top end engine noise and the windshield doesn't work in any of the 3 positions, but there are better aftermarket windshields you can get for it, and make sure you get the center stand option with the bike

No comments:

Post a Comment