Saturday, December 24, 2011

What difference will a 33bhp restriction have on my bandit 1200 (1999)?

Hi there,


I am currently 19 years old and have bought a Bandit 1200 (1999) and have been riding it for 9 months. With British Law however as I am under 21 I must have a restrictor (33bhp) fitted for two years after having completed my license.





I am interested to know what difference removing this restrictor will have.. whether the peak power and torque will shift on the power band in relation to revs. How throttle response will change and how cornering should be dealt with etc etc, if you have experience on another bike could you tell me please? I dont plan on removing the restrictor for a year until my license allows me to!





Please note that I chose the bandit as it was classed as a sports-tourer with comparatively low insurance and I wanted to go around europe on it, therefore the cruising at low revs with a reliable engine was very attractive and I must say, it is a splendid bike!|||you will only get 1/3 of the power of the bike

No comments:

Post a Comment