Saturday, December 24, 2011

Bandit 600 shuts off and dies?

A couple days ago y was riding my 2003 Bandit-S 600, got to a toll booth, made the paymente and draged pressing the throttle to release al the hps of my bike, but... close to 10,000 rpms it went off, completely off ... all lights went off and the engine too, even the speedmeter and odometer got frozen. Just the oil light was quite lit but ... blinking as if something were fault. After 10 minutes of pushing 400 pounds to the nearest safe place I tried to start the engine and it started, everithing seemed fine, but my bike is doing this every now wnd then. Another hint is the clock goes 12:00 as if I had disconencted the battery yet it is firmely connected.|||you have a short somewhere, probably in your main battery cables, replace the cables to your wiring harness and if that doesn't work replace the whole harness, but I would probably take it in to be sure first these can cost mucho $$$$ if I'm wrong you won't need them.|||I don't have a Bandit...but had something like your problem. I found out I had a loose connection on one of the plug wires going to my ignition switch...right behind the key mount. I traced mine from battery to everything I could find a wire going to...then I noticed a prong bent and the wire just barely connected. Plugged it back in and everything works fine.|||You have a bad connection in your electrical system. It might be corrosion, or it might be that something that was screwed down has vibrated loose.


First thing to check: fuses. On my motorcycle, (Yamaha Virago) believe it or not, one of my fuses vibrated loose once!

No comments:

Post a Comment