Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Bandit or hornet ???

i;ve just passed my test and want to buy a 600cc bike, which is the better out of the two, bandit or hornet...... thanks|||Both too small!|||passed my test 18 months ago , purchased a bandit 600 as i was told it was a good all round and forgiving bike for the new rider. all i was told was true great machine .|||Bandit is cheaper to run, with less to go wrong, and should be utterly reliable with minimal maintenance. The finish will suffer if it's used in winter conditions (i.e. road salt). The Hornet will be more powerful, cost a bit more to insure and service, should be a bit more resistant to corrosion (but not much) and should, under normal circumstances, also be very reliable. If head rules heart, buy the Bandit; if heart rules head, go for the Hornet.|||The Bandit defiantly. Bulletproof engine. Finish lets it down but the power delivery shouldn't scare you too much. If you want to do more than 90 miles on a tank of fuel, the Bandits for you.|||Bandit, they are lovely, my dad had one!|||I've owned both Suzukis %26amp; Hondas, and I think the Honda is better built %26amp; more reliable.|||bandit i would go for|||Like you my son passed his test and he chose a Bandit. The value for money was far better on the whole deal





However I did advise him on the 1200 over the 600. Once you get used to the bike the 600 will come over as underpowered. The 1200 has the power to start with but you don't have to use it all to begin with





The difference in cost between the two for my son was regarded as not enough to give the 600 a second thought





Whatever you choose to ride firstly well done for passing your test now keep it safe for you and all of the others. I ride a Harley and am of aging rocker status and many of the new riders sometimes forget all that they have been taught. It's a costly business learning to ride, getting a bike and various riding clothes,insurance and the like so let's keep it safe and prove that we motorcyclist are responsible.





Now I am off of my soap box, enjoy riding it's great fun|||neither get a ninja wipe the floor with both





Bandit tend to be top heavy and wobbly on corners sorry don't know anyone with hornet|||I owned a bandit for 3yrs with no probs at all. bulletproof as the engine is a detuned gsxr750 from way back. so strong is the bike u can even bore it out 2 850cc or something. Real cheap 2 keep and i learnt a lot with that bike and have v fond memorys of it. the honda is good but the bandit is such a personal machine. happy huntin|||The short answer is Bandit. I know you want a 600 but the new 1250S looks very nice.|||Personally I prefer the looks of the Bandit especially the new 650 which gets a brilliant write up. Honda probably has slightly better build quality, but is heavy on fuel going by the tests I've read.


I'd go for the Bandit, cheap to purchase new or second hand far more popular than the Hornet and easy to sell when you want something else later on. I don't think you will go far wrong with either bike actually but the Bandit, Yes..........!|||BANDIT.....loads of after market parts to get it looking the way you want. When, not if you do have a spill, theyre cheap to repair. Great bikes...!|||I agree that the Hornet would be my pick between to two also. If I were buying a new bike of that size it would definltely be the Yamaha FZ6 though. The Honda 599 is pretty cool also. Have fun!!|||Darren R gave a good answer. I have a Bandit, its full proof, and prov en. In my case it came down to money, the bandit was cheaper. i have no regrets as regards the bike and would recommend it, ( go for the 600s or 650s) fairing makes all the difference. If your after top speed or acceleration the Hornet is better, but when are you ever going to use any bike to its full capacity. Which ever one takes your eye go for it, there both good reliable bikes. Safe biking, enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment