Tuesday, December 20, 2011

My first 'big bike' - 125cc to a...?

I'm about to do my 'big bike test'. I have been riding a 125cc for less than a year but want to buy a bigger bike. Would you suggest I step up i.e. 125 to 500 to 750, etc...? Or does it not really make much of a difference what size I get first time round?





I've been looking at the Yamaha FZ1 Fazer and Suzuki Bandit 650SA. Your recommendations would be greatly appreciated...|||i think you should gradually step up in engine size. because if u just jump from a 125 to a 750 u may find that its to powerful for u and end up havin a nasty accident.|||I would recommend to go for a 600-650 (Bandit 650SA) but it is up to you. Try and have a test ride on many different bikes and don't go the first one you see until you know pretty much everything about it. Find out the advantages and disadvantages of that model and go for the one you feel most comfortable with. Get insurance quotes as well and find out which one will be the cheapest to insure. Every model of bike is going to be different in some way or another and all bike are different for everyone so go for the one YOU personally feel best on.


If you do want a little hint - most people will go for 600cc-750cc as their fist bike but it doesn't matter which bike you do go for first as you will have a full licence which means that you can go and buy the 1300cc Hayabusa if you really wanted to.|||I think you'll find the difference is quite large. I went from a 125cc on the first 2 days of my course and found that jumping on a 500cc was a huge jump. Its a lot more bulky and you'll have trouble turning corners till you get used to it.





But dont let that put you off. Its just something you will have to get used to , but I would suggest you do a 3 day course or something. It will really help you.





I do recommend the Fazer. I did my training and course on it. Its probably the best 'mid' range bike option. Not too fast, not too slow.|||The Bandit or the Fazer would be cool but it's a hell of a jump from a 125. If you could manage to take it REALLY easy for a while until you got used to it you'll probably survive. A 500cc would be the sensible option but it's understandable that you're reluctant to buy one then trade it in after 6 months for a 650. Only you know how susceptible you are to temptation!|||I think you should step up gradually to be honest going from 125 to a 750 is a big leap you need to be very careful they are big heavy bikes and need to treated with respect.


I have ridden the 650 Bandit and would recomend it but only if you are really confident and have loads of experiance, its a real knicker wetting ride lol|||I had a cb500 for 2 years after passing my test and can't recommend it enough,fast reliable and economical and above all safe and predictable.They are also reasonably cheap to buy because they are not considered fashionable.|||i would go for a 400cc vfr400 or a 400 bandit they are just as fast as the 600|||honda cb500 is the best next size and very reliable|||Go for a honda cbr 500|||yeh Honda CBR500 all the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment