Saturday, December 24, 2011

My Bandit and its exhaust.?

Right, long story short, I have just got a new Motorcycle, A Suzuki Bandit 600! The fella I purchased this Motorcycle from has a very Lovely sounding Scorpion exhaust. It is road legal and has had 3 MOTs with the exhaust attached. My friend today told me I have to 'declare' this to my insurer, as a possible result they could not insure me or charge me a bomb more!


I'm 18, 2 years no claims the bike is restricted to 33BHP due to the license I hold.


All i'm asking is someone to just make this clearer for me, do I declare? what will happen if i do and don't? and any other helpful information with this.


I don't want to be doing anything I should not be, even if the cost may rise. Better to be safe.


Thanks guys!!


Geoff|||Well, I'm pretty sure your insurer is not reading this question, so I'm not really sure why you're asking us and not them. In fact, it seems like you've already answered your own question when you say "I don't want to be doing anything I should not be".





But community guidelines say I have to make an honest attempt to answer your question, which is "do I declare?", so my answer is, "Yes, honesty is the best policy. Better safe than crying".

No comments:

Post a Comment