Saturday, December 24, 2011

My 99' Suzuki Bandit 600 will not start!!!?

Hi All,


my Bandit 600 has been giving me problems,first the cold weather killed the battery,I charged it up and put it back on,the bike tried to turn over but couldn't and eventually killed the battery. I recharged it and checked the plugs, put it back on and tried again. After about 10 seconds there was a click and then it just clicked only. I then connected the bike to my car,and with it running tried again, it tried to start up again so Im guessing that the battery is knackered,anyway,I kept on trying and it almost fired up but then it clicked out again!


Now it only clicks,I pulled off the cover of the starter motor cable and the lead was really hot. Is my starter motor broken? Hope someone can help me!! Thank you!|||Hi,





I would say that your bike battery is dead,


your cable and electrics will get hot jumping your bike of your car as it will be a different amperage supply to your bike and the starter will get hot and constant winding or repeated starting will get the cables hot too.


if your battery has a dead cell it may affect the voltage during the jump starting of your bike even with it connected to your car.


It is hard to condemn your starter motor but when you jumped it did it turn over as quick as it usually does.


with the jump connected did it fire up and run or was it still a non starter.


sometimes with with a dead batt it will affect the start coz all the power is being drain for that and the ecu and ignition gets a lower voltage delivery.





I would check all the connection from the battery to the starter and the ignition side as well as the switched side of the starter control.


Perhaps even remove the starter from the bike and see if connected to a good battery it will spin free and fast without any load,





try jump starting it without the old bike battery connected to see if it is dead and affects the voltage.





If your road has no snow, which isn't very likely try and bump the bike as this will allow all the voltage generated by the alternator to be used by the ignition only and not trying to power the starter motor.





Let us know how you get on.|||Hey, im having similar trouble as you at the moment (i have a bandit 600 too) What colour is your spark? Im getting an orange coloured spark and i think my battery is dying quick aswell. I think your starter motor will be fine, ive tried my for ages to get started but no joy :(|||You need a new battery, you should never run your starter longer than a few seconds at a time if it dosent start then something is wrong.|||You are trying to hard just buy a new battery! The longer you crank the hotter the wiring will get.|||Your battery is toast.|||try throwing it in a pond or off a cliff, OR in a scrapyard

No comments:

Post a Comment