Friday, December 16, 2011

Isn't a guy who thinks is a great motorcycle rider a moron if he thinks tiptoeing on a bike is a good thing?

I am a novice rider. I used to ride buell, and now I got a little bigger bike which is Suzuki Bandit 600S. I am a petite woman.


Just talking to a guy friend who has been riding for more than 7 years, i told him how my feet doesn't even touch the ground when I am sitting on my bike and expressed concern. He says he tiptoes on his bike but that's the way it should be. I say he is a complete idiot. And even disregarding the fact that the bike is too big for me, he continued on to criticize my riding ability. He told me that the only reason I have problems with the new bike is because I am not a good rider.|||You are absolutely 100% correct, you friend is a moron.





You should not have to be on tiptoes when you are riding and stopped at a traffic light, absolutely no safety margin, that is asking for trouble.


You should have something with a bit lower seat to be both comfortable and safe.


Tthere are lots of bikes with plenty low enough seats so you can be flat-footed while sitting and have a great comfortable ride.





N matter who you are, your bike should fit you, if it doesnt, somethign is wrong.|||He is an IDIOT!


If your bike is too tall for you (props for riding!), you can take the seat off, unstitch the cover and cut some of the foam out to make it a bit lower for you or have an upholstery shop do it for you. I have a friend who is short and that is what he does to all his bikes. It works.|||Your friend is a moron. You should have than your toes down for control and safety. Instead of changing the suspension, get hold of Sargent Seats in Jacksonville Fla. Shave the seat lower, the bike will fit you perfect.|||Your buddy is a dipsh!t, but you sound pretty cool. He can probably learn a thing or two from you, but you probably shouldn't waste your breath.|||nah. it is all preferance.|||i may be wrong, but im fairly sure its stupid.|||You rock girl! Saxster's opinion is right on though, and you should heed the advice. I had a riding buddy who could barely flat foot it, (at that, she was hanging off the side a bit), and she dropped the bike more often than not...There's just too many variables: A slanted road way, wet conditions, pea-gravel, sand, rocks, grease, or any combination and much much more demands a planted and secure stance. Even then there's no guaranty. Spilled gas has caused many riders to dump their rides at gas pumps!





You become a proficient rider like everyone else...practice, practice, practice...Take the occasional riding course, it's surprising what you pick up, or what you can so easily forget!





You have a good machine in the Bandit. If you like it, get it to fit you correctly and ride, baby, ride!|||I am a professional riding instructor.





You should not really be tiptoeing your bike - it is too tall for you if you are. The suspension on the Bandit 600S can be lowered some to allow you to get your feet more flat on the ground. You'll need to lower the forks in the triple clamps and add lowering links to the rear suspension. Get a shop to lower the bike for you properly, though. Doing it wrong can upset the bike's handling. The seat foam can also be cut down to lower the seat height some.





Between those two things you should be able to safely lower the seat height maybe up to 3 inches. If that is not enough - the bike is just too tall for you.|||I see no problem with tip toeing a bike, when you actually riding the thing your feet should be on the pegs after all. I used to have dirt bikes that I had to lean against the porch to get on and off from and could not touch the ground at all, while I would not recommend that for anyone it worked at the time. All you really need to do is hold the bike upright when stopped but there are ways for you to be able to get your feet down. A local shop will be happy to lower your bike for you and an upholster can shave your seat down as well. There's no way I can judge your riding ability from here so that's between you two I guess. Just two weeks ago I saw a new rider put his new gsrx(1300 miles) on the ground when stopped for whatever reason so that crap happens as your are learning the ropes, assuming that was one of your problems. Noone really even picked on the guy because its been done before and wil happen again.|||I have no respect for people who ride those things. They are noisy, and most of the riders, instead of taking a trip somewhere, choose to instead, burn their gas riding continual loops of a three to four block circumference. I wonder how they would like it if I took the muffler off my truck, and let it idle for an hour or so in front of their houses?|||it depens if hes stupid in the head or just gud but if hes screwed in the head then probaly a moron ha ha can some one answer my questions thanx

No comments:

Post a Comment