Saturday, December 24, 2011

How do I raise the back of a susuki bandit 400?

Hi, I recently bought a 1995 suzuki bandit 400


I would like to know how to raise the backside? And how would this influence the handling and the balance of the bike?


Added info I am on Bali, the roads are pretty bad. There are alot of mechanics(workshops) but all have no experience with this bike, I myself also have no experience, so i'd wrather do it myself then trust someone else to do it. Also there is no shop where I can go in an buy some parts. That all add's to my little problem, hahaha.


Hope there's someone who has usefull tips for me.


Thanks...Gilbert.|||coming from the rear shock you should see two linkages.. these look abit like bones.. they are thin in the middle with two larger circular bits on the end.. (google "shock linkages" and go to images... they look the same for nearly all bikes with monoshocks). Take these off and take them to a metal workshop and get them to make up some items that are identical other than they are about 10mm longer. 10mm doesn't sound much but you'd be amazed what a difference it makes. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment