Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Motor bike--sports tourer-?

Im looking to trade my sports bike for a -sports tourer--1000cc at least--Fazer-Bandit-anything realy 2pots included.Trouble is im a short ar-e and i like to flat foot--anyone help with ideas---Re- what type of bike will suit or can some bikes be lowered easier than others??? inside leg 29inches.|||I lust over the 1400 Concours and the ST1300!!!|||If you are looking for new I'd go and check out a either at FJR1300, ST1300, or Concours 14. All of them are not great for your leg length though, which is typical of the ST class. I you can find last year or previous Concours, with the 1000cc engine, they are much lower to the ground. Rock solid engine, shaft drive, and with hardbags. They are not as pretty, but they are tried and true and have a big following.|||Im a 29" too (oooer!) and I have not had any problems apart from a BMW 1200GS skyscraper! One bike that did impress was a Honda ST1100 Pan european. Looks like a barge but my god can it hussle! Great comfort, a tank range longer than my bladder range ( tank is about 230 miles if i'm guessing right) and I was flat foot at the lights on it. Brilliant bike.





The other machine I was impressed with although it would cost lots more to run and is less practical was the Kawasaki ZZ-R 1200. Have ridden all versions of the big Zeds as I used to spanner in a Kwak shop amongst others.





Lots of power on tap and to be honest only a good rider on a Hayabusa dog vomit special or dedicated sports bike would get near it....manic rabid pitbull one minute but bung some panniers on it and its as docile as a doped up Labrador.





Bandit 1200s half faired is a good go easy bike thats easy to ride, lots of midrange grunt and is comfortable. Only a poor tank range and finish lets it down. All of them are pretty much leave it in top gear and use the grunt bikes but I was most impressed with the instant "at home" feel about the Pan euro.





Typical Honda, build quality was very good and you didn't need to learn the bike, it felt safe and reassuring from the moment it rolled a wheel.





Go and test a few and see what suits you. Remember that the Pan is a V four and is a lot less rev hungry than an inline four, such a different ride and feel its a bloody revelation...shaft drive will save you about 拢140 a year in chain and sprockets if you do any decent milage.





Good luck, Jim|||Honda Interceptor|||Yamaha TDM 900,


Low seat height Good power to weight ration , good resale value long lived and ecconomical. and you can get some cracking dealer deals at the moment


I've got a tdm and I've only got 29 inch legs and I can get my feet flat on the floor. I also ride my wifes 1200 bandit and thats the same seat height, cracking deals for pre reg K7 models from dealers Check out Fowlers of bristol|||I can heartily recommend a Bandit 1200, as I ride one with with no problem. Its got two height adjustments on the seat (although you do have to take it to the dealer to adjust it) and its great for shorties. Don't know what Bikerwookiejim is on about tho'...it does 180 miles on a tankful and has gone through two winters whilst still looking like new. Its not like I wash it religiously either...just don't have the time.|||try a triumph rocket three cruiser 2.3lt beast..........faster than r1 and hyabusa..of the mark....but cant hold them off.....well it weighs359kilos


toured though spain portugal on a triumph speed master brilliant but could have done with an extra 100 cc.... ha the year after they did put the thruxton engine in it and gave it 890 cc suits me fine ... well it would mines the...790.. such is life... but each to thier own happy biking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!|||I had a Yamaha XVS1100C Dragstar and I could put both feet flat at the same time and I am only 5'4".


Very easy and comfortable to ride...


Note to self, must get another one !|||FJR 1300 is awesome and has adjustable seat. Don't bother with 1300 Paneuropean it has a high speed weave problem you would be better with the 1100 model. I spoke to a Paneuropean owner and he said that the FJR was better and wanted one.

No comments:

Post a Comment